Wednesday, January 9, 2008

And I'm here

Alrighty. After 3 days of unexpected travel delays (thank you very much Amerian Airlines), including two nights in Los Angeles and one night in Taipei, I have finally arrived, checked into my guesthouse and successfully spent my first night in Phnom Penh. The Sunday Guesthouse is a fantastic place to stay, with internet, a restaurant, and a very helpful owner who speaks English (thank god). I had my first Cambodian meal, noodles with vegetables, and it was fantastic. So far, no elephant or monkey sightings (I know, I'm disappointed too), but I did see several palm trees.

The next challenge for old Rosie Lang is to find the office building where I will be working (which I just attempted unsuccessfully after walking around for a half an hour). Never fear, it will happen.

Anyway, just wanted to check in, and now I'm going to check out and find this danged practicum site. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Rosie, Glad you made it, us black sheep always do, ya know! Have fun with it and enjoy yourself immensely! I'll be looking forward to your updates.
Too Cool!

Smarty McFly said...

I am glad you made it safely! I am excited for more updates!
I <3 Rosie!